Join the team
The Australian Animal Protection Society is a not for profit organisation dedicated to the welfare of animals. We are known for giving second chances to animals that may not be given a chance at other shelters or rescue organisations. We have been in operation for over 30 years and are continuing to grow. We value our employees and volunteers and the shelter would not be able to continue without the generous time given in the many roles we need operate.
Positions currently available with Australian Animal Protection Society
Animal Welfare Coordinator – AAPS/17/E02
ANIMAL WELFARE COORDINATOR
The Australian Animal Protection Society is a not for profit organisation dedicated to the welfare of animals. We are known for giving the animals in our care the very best chance at a great new life. We have been in operation for over 40 years and are continuing to grow.
We currently seeking an Animal Welfare Coordinator. The objective of this role is to track the progress of each animal to decrease its length of stay, to continuously improvethe standards of care within the Shelter, and to promote best animal welfare practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- minimise the length of stay through developing and organising individual animal plans, and implementing a fast tracking program
- manage shelter teams to ensure quality care is provided to the animals in the shelter and ensure the feeding, housing and enrichment of animals is maintained in a condition best suited to them
- develop and deliver training to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice
- review current procedures in place with a view to increase welfare standards through environmental enrichment, housing, socialisation and rehabilitation
- maximise lifesaving capacity by reuniting lost animals with their owners, and building foster care and rescue networks
- maximise the successful rehoming of animals through leadership, support and training of customer service staff.
Key capabilities required for the role include:
- well-developed animal handling skills and previous experience working with animals
- experience in leading and managing a team will behighly regarded. A qualification in animal care and intermediate computer skills would be desirable
- strong team focus, excellent communication skills and an ability to implement changes effectively
- exceptional customer service skills, with an ability to improve the delivery of service to ensure customer needs are a primary focus
- ability to remain professional and empathetic in highly emotive situations
- a positive demeanour and a proactive attitude is essential
If you have the above skills and experience to be successful in this role, please send your application to email@example.com by COB Friday 18 August.
Complete the general volunteer form on Help – become a volunteer page. You may be asked to undergo a police check in some volunteer positions
You may be asked to provide a satisfactory police check in some positions.
Further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org